Sat Kriya is one of the most powerful and complete kriyas. It is an “entire Yoga session in one posture”. Sat Kriya is fundamental to Kundalini yoga, giving your Chakras a spring clean. This can be practiced on its own every day for at least 3 minutes. TAKING A long, deep relaxation immediately afterward, suggested, minimum 15 minutes.
- Sit on the heels in Rock Pose, knees together.
- Stretch the arms over the head with elbows straight, until the arms hug the sides of the head.
- Mudra, interlace all the fingers except the index fingers. Men cross the right thumb over the left. Women cross the left thumb over the right.
- Close the eyes, with a focus on the brow point, visualise or gently roll the eyes up, before closing.
- Mantra chant, ‘Sat Nam’ continue for 3 minutes.
- End taking a deep breath in squeezing the buttocks, pulling on the anus and sex organs. Repeat twice. Mentally visualise the energy travelling up the spine and out through the top of the head.
- Take time to relax for at least 15 minutes, to allow the mind and body to rest and rejuvenate.
Benefits of Sat Kriya strengthens the entire sexual system and stimulates its natural flow of energy. It can also relax phobias, negativity about sexuality. It allows you to control the insistent sexual impulse by re-channelizing sexual energy to creative and healing activities in the body.